I got this idea from Trader Joes (as usual.)
I usually don’t like egg salad because it’s too creamy and stinky, and, kind of gross. I bought TJ’s eggwhite salad because it was low fat, high protein, and sounded good! It was. I decided to put my own twist on it at home. I used a few yolks for extra creaminess, but honestly, they’re not even necessary. The mustard gives it a little kick, the bell peppers a little sweetness, the smoked paprika a little smokiness that is unusual for egg salad.
Easy, healthy, and tasty? I’ll take it!
Egg (almost) White Salad
- 9 hardboiled eggs, yolks removed (I left 3 yolks in but use your own discretion)
- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise (I used olive oil mayo)
- 2 tsp whole grain dijon mustard
- Salt, Pepper and smoked paprika to taste
Mix ingredients in a bowl and enjoy! Serve with crackers, whole wheat pita or flat breads, or on a sandwich!